I’ve just been re-reading the last few posts,
and before I step away from all this introspection (hopefully), I just wanted
to summarise my own little “eureka” discoveries. I do feel like I’m now
starting a new chapter of my life, and that I’m making some really positive
changes. So for the sake of clarity I thought a little summary would help me on
my new journey, to keep me on the right path as it were.
So, what my psycho babble from this past few
weeks amounts to is this:
1. I am shy and unhappy
about the way it is limiting my life
2. I perpetuate this
shyness by hiding behind a fantasy me in a fantasy world. It is time to leave
this world behind and live in reality.
3. I have neglected and disrespected
the real me for far too long and never allowed her to grow. Now is the time to become
her best friend, love her and let her evolve – stand up for her, believe in her, nurture her etc. etc. Be kind!
4. I need to get to know
myself better, accept myself, understand myself, know my own mind, define my
boundaries. And then learn to work with what I’ve got, learn what works for me.
5. It is time to forget
trying to win everyone else’s approval and instead aim to earn my own respect-
with the old fantasy me as my mentor, she is my higher self and something to
aspire to, aim for. She is who I answer to at the end of the day.
Linking back though to a previous post, the
reason the memories of my student days blaze more brightly than recent years is
because I was living in the real world back then. So now I’ve been dragged back
into it by my little boy, here’s to creating some equally vibrant memories now!
No comments:
Post a Comment